Canadian Martyrs Roman Catholic
1219 - 1st Street West
Priest Father D. Lefleur
Church Telephone (306-767-2458)
Rectory Telephone (306-768-2348)
The Canadian Martyrs Roman Catholic Church held its services in a smaller older Church until December 1973 when the first mass was held in a new Church. The first mass was the Christmas mass.
The new Church and hall was constructed with all volunteer help. On Christmas eve 1998 a special Christmas mass was held to celebrate the 25th anniversary. Early in the afternoon on Christmas day a fire started and burned the Church to the ground.
During construction masses were held at the United Church. The new Church was put into use in the fall of 2001 and the official opening ceremonies were held in April 2002.
There is a Church service every Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and catechism is
taught to the children throughout the year.
2702 Poplar Avenue
Contact Person - B. Pauls
Carrot River Mennonite Church was incorporated in 1960, when two rural congregations formed one body of faith. We are a member of the General Conference of Mennonites in Canada. Our attendance of 125 is made up of people of all ages, with a large and growing number of young families participating in worship and services and Church activities. The Church is located on the north end of Carrot River on Highway Number 23.
The Carrot River Mennonite Church strives to be a community Church, where people of all ages are welcome. The Church strives to be a community Church for children Kindergarten to Grade 6, and a youth program for teens Grade 7 through 12. Both programs involve many community children. There are three womens groups that meet monthly. The men of the Church sponsor an annual mens fishing retreat. During the winter months, bible studies are organized. Sunday school classes available for young and old run from September to June and begin at 9:45 a.m. Sunday mornings with the worship service starting at 10:45 a.m.
1026 - 1st Street Northeast
Minister K. Mitchell
Office Telephone (306-768-2472)
Parlour Telephone (306-768-3709)
Manse Telephone (306-768-2219)
Since the early 1930's the United Church of Canada has been a part of this community. Services were held in the Legion Hall until 1940 when a Church building became reality. Most of the work was done by the congregation. We were served by student ministers coming from Arborfield/Aylsham during the summer months with the occasional service by outside ministers at other times of the year. In 1952 we became the Arborfield/Carrot River Pastoral Charge and a manse was built in 1957.
Through the years we had Jordon River, Moosedale, Huntdale, Battle Heights and Smokey Burn Pastoral Charges dissolved and the congregations joined Carrot River. A new Church was built in 1980 at that time Pas Trail and Petaigan congregations also joined with Carrot River. These communities contributed much to the Church. The congregation added an addition to the Church which included an office and Christian Education wing all made possible by a bequest.
If you are looking for a Church home, we would be happy to have you join us in
worship. Services are at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday from September 2010 to June 2011.
During the summer months we alternate services with our partner congregation at 10:00 a.m. on Sundays. During the year we offer a Church school program for children from age three through Grade 9 and a nursery is available at the same time as the Church service. There is an active United Church Women's group and our choir is always open to new members.
The Carrot River/Arborfield Pastoral Charge of the United Church of Canada as a community of Christians are called to celebrate God's love and share the Good News in our homes, our communities and our world through worshipping together, working together and supporting one another. We seek to be an open and welcoming Church family, serving the needs of our community as we are enabled by God's leading.
MB Gospel Mission
Contact Person - D. Grimes
The Carrot River Gospel Mission had its beginnings in the late 1930's under the direction of the Canadian Sunday School Mission. In 1957 the Church affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Churches of Saskatchewan.
The work was founded in 1939 with the stated purpose of
"preaching and teaching the whole gospel of Jesus Christ." This continues
to be our objective today. We believe that through Jesus, God offers salvation,
forgiveness of sin, and a life of purpose, fulfillment and joy. Aside from the
regular Sunday morning worship service and Sunday school hour, we have a number of caring
small groups and clubs which offer programs suited to the needs and an inspiring mix
of contemporary and traditional worship inspired and authoritative Word of God.
In 2003, the Church was demolished and services are now being held at Pioneer Place located at 1021 Main Street.
|Sunday School:||9:30 a.m.|
|Sunday Worship Services:||11:00 a.m.|
Agriculture | Business | Industrial
| Municipal | Brief History | General Facts
Please take a moment and sign our Guestbook